In order to discharge their responsibilities the Directors appoint people with local interests and connections who have relevant expertise to serve on the Local Governing Body of each school. The board then delegates various agreed functions to the members of the Local Governing Body and meets at certain times throughout the year to provide guidance and assess and monitor progress.
We are very fortunate to have a wide range of skills and expertise within our local governing bodies and a group of people who are absolutely passionate about serving their community and obtaining the absolute best for every child.
Our governors provide an exceptional level of challenge and support to each school on a voluntary basis with the sole ambition of raising standards and achievement.
Our Governors are democratically appointed via the school, apart from the Chair of Governors who is appointed by the Trust.
The role the Local Governing Body is to:
- implement and administer the Trust’s policies at local level and report termly to the Board of Trustees
- monitor and be accountable for the performance and standards of the school to Ofsted
- govern exclusions in accordance with appropriate regulations
- consider budget monitoring information and proposals
- act as a critical friend to the Headteacher
- represent the views of the community
- has earned autonomy and helps support other schools in need of education help (if outstanding school)
- is supported to improve Ofsted and pupil outcomes (if sponsored school)
- supports and challenges pupil performance and standards
- knows the strengths and weaknesses of the school
- manages the behaviour and safety of its pupils
- supports the Headteacher in leading the staff
The Chair of Governors is Sarah Copperwheat. To contact the Governing Body please do so via the Clerk, please email email@example.com
To view the documents below please click here to be directed to the Governance Page on the Chiltern Learning Trust's website.
- Articles of Association
- Master funding agreement
- Memorandum of association
- Gender Pay Gap
- Trade Union Facilities Time
To view the Trust's Annual Report and Financial Statements 2022 please click here.